Michigan No-Fault Auto Insurance Reform
When to contact your agent
Michigan no-fault auto insurance reform took effect on July 2, 2020.
In light of the changes, your auto coverages should be reviewed.
Check out this list of questions. If you answer yes to even one of them, your policy may provide limited or no coverage in the event of a loss. We want to make sure you’re taken care of, so you should contact your agent right away.
- Are there any drivers listed on your policy who don’t live with you?
- Are there people who live with you and are not related to the named insured on your auto policy (whether they’re named as a driver on your policy or not)?
- Are there people who live with you that you haven’t told us about?
- Does anyone not listed as a driver on your policy regularly use any of your vehicles (whether they live with you or not)?
- Are there co-title holders on any of your insured vehicles that you haven’t told us about?
- Are any of your vehicles used for business purposes, including for a company like Uber or Lyft?
Again, if you answered yes to any of these questions, contact your Keyser agent right away.
And if you know someone who could use our team’s support, please let us know or provide them with our contact information.
We love taking care of people and are here to help however we can.