We are open and ready to take care of you!
Hours of Service
Our business hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. During those hours you can contact us by telephone at 877.381.3570 or email. You can find team members’ email addresses here.
Appointments are suggested, but not required, for in-person services.This helps us ensure a safe, healthy environment, while following public health protocols and guidelines to support social distancing. Click here to learn about making an appointment and what to expect.
We’re also available to help with insurance emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year — just as we’ve always been. For help with urgent personal or commercial insurance matters outside of normal business hours, call 877.381.3570 and choose menu option 7 to speak to a Keyser agent.
Paying your carrier directly ensures there are no unnecessary delays. Please send payments directly to your insurance carrier at the address on your bill or in the envelope provided by the carrier. You also may be able to pay by phone or online via the carrier’s website. Click here to learn more.
If you have concerns about billing and payment due to COVID-19, please contact your agent right away to talk about your options.
It’s also our goal to provide you with resources that keep you informed and help you feel confident and safe. Explore the links below.
In these uncertain times — and always — we’re here for you. We’re available by telephone and email during normal business hours (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.). We’re available to help with urgent matters by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Simply call 877.381.3570 and choose menu option 7 to speak with a Keyser agent.
If you have concerns about billing and payment due to COVID-19, please contact your agent right away to talk about your options. Additional carrier-specific COVID-19 related information may be available. Contact your agent to learn more.
- COVID-19 Claim Tracking for Real Estate Focused Businesses [PDF]
- National Restaurant Association Restaurant Employee Relief Fund application for restaurant employees
- Red Backpack Fund relief grant application for women entrepreneurs
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce: CARES Act Emergency Loan Small Business Guide and Checklist [PDF]
- City of Kalamazoo/United Way Small Business Loan Information
- U.S. Small Business Administration:COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan Application
- LCG: Cybersecurity threats and how to stay safe during the COVID-19 pandemic [PDF]
- Southwest Michigan First: State and Federal Business Assistance in Response to COVID-19
- Economic Development Corporation of Sarasota County: COVID-19 Business Assistance
- U.S. Department of Labor: Fair Labor Standards Act Questions & Answers
- U.S. Department of Labor: Family and Medical Leave Act Questions & Answers
- SHRM News Release: Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- State of Michigan News Release: Guidance for employers on layoffs
Additional, more specialized resources are available. For more information contact Jeanne Bolhuis by email or at 877.381.3570 x 338.
- U.S. Department of Labor Guidance for Employee Benefit Plans
- How the CARES Act Affects HSAs and FSAs [PDF]
- Frequently Asked Questions [PDF]
Additional carrier- and/or plan-specific information may be available. Please contact a member of your account management team for more information.