Breakfast with Keyser Encore Presentation
March 13, 2019
8:30 to 11 a.m.
444 West Michigan Avenue, Kalamazoo
The program will begin at 9 o’clock. We’ll be ready to welcome you at 8:30 a.m. A light breakfast will be ready then too.
As an HR pro, there are things you need to know, like how to keep your company compliant. There also are things you want to know, like what the best of the HR best are doing and how their strategies can work for you. When you join Keyser for breakfast on March 13, you’ll learn both. Melissa Rix, Keyser’s compliance guru, will fill you in on the HR compliance updates companies of all specialties and sizes need to know for 2019. Jeanne Bolhuis, Keyser’s HR consulting chief, is sharing unique HR best-practice tips you don’t want to miss.
Jeanne M. Bolhuis Chief Consulting Officer + Sports Mom
- 30-plus year career in human resources
- Began in high school doing recruiting for a temp agency
- Bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Western Michigan University
- Worked at HealthCare Midwest
- Responsible for human resources, benefits, engagement, training, leadership development, operations, team building, process improvement, compliance and business development
- Elevated to administrator at Bronson HealthCare Midwest
- Grew the business by infusing her expertise into executive leadership, strategic planning, facilitating acquisitions, enhancing practice, operations and designing procedures
- Knows the broad impacts human resources can have on a business
- Considers it a privilege to keep the human in human resources
Melissa Rix Compliance Officer and General Counsel + True Gemini
- 10-plus years of experience in the legal field
- Principal resource for federal and state compliance and regulatory issues
- Michigan State University and MSU College of Law grad
- Worked as a judicial law clerk and assistant prosecuting attorney
- Experience in employee benefits, employment law and legal review management, electronic discovery and legal review training
- Member of the State Bar of Michigan; State Bar of Michigan Labor and Employment Law Section, Health Care Law Section, Insurance and Indemnity Law Section; American Bar Association Labor and Employment Law Section; United Benefits Advisors; and National Association of Health Underwriters